Thursday, October 16, 2014

REFLECTION: IT DOES A BODY GOOD

After every show is complete, I reflect on my students' performances. I think this is the most important part of my process. This is the time that I reflect on what we did and the things that we could have done to better the show. I consider all things including how the community responds to the performance, and how we could do it differently in future. This is also a time that I create a list. (I am a list person.) On my list, I break the paper up into two columns; I put Good and Not So Good. The good things are those things that I thought my students excelled at, and Not So Good are the things that I think need improvement. This gives me an outline for the next show. I print out copies of the list I made and give them to my company. I also ask them to create the same list for me. This opens communication channels so everyone can know what to improve.

With improvement in mind, we lead into TheatreFest 2015. This is the purpose of TheatreFest. It is a time where fellow theatre educators can join hands TOGETHER. We embrace each other’s creative ideas TOWARDs the educational frontier in hopes that TOMORROW will be better for our students. I challenge you to submit a workshop proposal. The deadline for a workshop proposal is November 1, 2015. Many of you are experts in a variety of fields in theatre whether it be stage management, costuming, or simply knowing what its like to be a first year teacher with no resources. There will be someone at TheatreFest who is seeking your expertise.

I encourage you to check out our new website. Our new website registration to TheatreFest 2015 is very simple and only takes a minute. There is a direct link to reserve a hotel room if you are planning on staying with us at the Hyatt. This will be the best TheatreFest yet!

See you in January!

Cody Moore
TETA K-12 Committee
High School Interest Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment