The TETA Board of Directors recently made changes to the by-laws that will simplify the TheatreFest registration process for everyone involved. One change was the elimination of the membership type known as Institutional Members.
Until now, institutions could complete a very lengthy application form to be awarded the status of Institutional Membership (IM). As an IM, the school was given a few perks such as reduced booth fees and extra students at auditions. However the schools had to pay $200 a year to maintain that membership and the perks have lessened over the years.
The TETA Board of Directors has voted to remove the IM Membership type and the $200/year fee, and instead replace the membership status with an award. The TETA "Texas Exemplary Institution" Award will take the place of the Institutional Membership and will not require the institution to pay an annual fee.
Although the specifics of the award are still being determined, here is what we do know...
- All current IM Schools are grandfathered in and will be considered TEI award recipients.
- TEI schools will not pay a $200 annual fee.
- There will be no IM Representatives. Was only a $50 waiver.
- No reduced prices for a booth at TheatreFest. All booths are the same price for everyone.
- A committee will be formed to create minimum standards for "Exemplary" status, and to work out the details for the recommendation process whereby an Institution is awarded TEI.
If you have already paid your $200 IM fee for the 2016-2017 fiscal year, we will contact you soon to determine how to proceed. If you have not paid the invoice for your IM membership, please disregard as the membership type is no longer valid.
We are sure there will be plenty of questions as we develop policies for the new TEI award but we will continue to keep you all informed. You are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support of our organization. We hope these changes will help make TheatreFest registration more user-friendly for everyone.