TETA, Inc. Announces Travel Stipends for K-12 and Higher Education Members to attend 2017 TheatreFest Convention.
October 12th, 2016
Recently, the Board of Directors voted to accept applications from all K-12 and Higher Education members for Travel Stipends to assist with attending this year’s TheatreFest convention at Moody Gardens, Galveston. I want to encourage you to read on to see how you can take advantage of this unique, limited opportunity!
First, Our K-12 Members!
In an effort to provide all of our membership the opportunity to attend this annual convention, TETA, Inc. will be providing our K-12 members with the following:
- Up to 2 travel stipends for members who reside in each of the 20 Education Support Centers (ESC), as depicted in the graphic below. This amounts to 40 stipends in the amount of $500 each.
- TETA, Inc. will also be supporting our K-12 members who are currently assigned to campuses that receive School-Wide Federal funding under the Title I designation. 20 additional stipends in the amount of $500 will be used to support these TETA, Inc. members! Not sure if you qualify for this specific travel stipend? Visit the Texas Education Agency’s list (which is also broken down by Education Support Centers), or speak to your district’s Title I Coordinator.
What About Our Higher Education Members?
Additionally, TETA, Inc. will be focusing support towards those members who serve in Higher Education:
- *10 stipends in the amount $500 each for Higher Education members;
*Note: Education Support Centers do not apply to these specific travel stipends.
What Do I Need To Do To Be Considered?
- Register and pay for your membership with TETA, Inc.;
- *Complete the Online Application to be considered for a travel stipend courtesy of TETA, Inc.;
- Register and pay for the 2017 TheatreFest convention at Moody Gardens, Galveston;
*Note: In order to receive travel stipend, recipients must check in to the 2017 TheatreFest convention. At that time, recipients will receive their travel stipend in the form of a check.
What Can I Use My Travel Stipend For?
- Can I use it to reimburse myself for convention Registration? YES!
- Can I use it to pay for some, or all of my hotel and accommodations? YES!!
- Can I use it to pay for transportation expenses (gas, airfare, parking, meals while at convention, Uber rides to the Seawall)? YES!!!
In short, if the expense is part of your travel BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER your time while attending TheatreFest, it is ok to use.
Deadline to submit your APPLICATION is December 1st,, 2016.
Recipients will be notified by December 8th, 2016.
The Board of Directors encourages you to not miss out on this extraordinarily limited opportunity. If you have any questions, please feel free to Ask the BOD via the TETA, Inc. website. We hope to see you all at this year’s TheatreFest at Moody Gardens, Galveston! Until then, take care.
Treasurer-Elect, TETA, Inc.