SummerFest 2016 – Full STEAM Ahead: Powered by Theater!
Texas State University – San Marcos
IMPORTANT REMINDERS and UPDATES!
Full STEAM Ahead! Destination Texas State University! SummerFest 2016 is next week! The K-12 Committee has been working very hard to make this an incredible event!
Registration opens on Friday, July 15th at 8:00AM in the Theater Center Building – 1st Floor Lobby. The Theater Center is the round, red, circular building. Address: 430 Moon St. San Marcos, TX 78666.
* Method of payment for onsite registrants: credit card, school check or cash.
- $120 SummerFest Registration
- $50 TETA membership (if you did not attend convention in January)
*Please make sure you check-in! All members and presenters must visit the registration desks and check-in.
*Dorms - Stay with the K-12 Committee!
The K-12 Committee is staying the Falls/Sayers dorms located on the Texas State campus.
SummerFest 2016 Dorm Check-In and Check-Out times. Falls/Sayers Dorms:Thursday, July 14
Friday, July 15
Saturday, July 16
Sunday, July 17
Check-Out only 9am-6pm
Please plan accordingly. Remember to read Maggie's packing list so that you know what to bring when staying in the dorm.
Don’t want to stay here? That’s ok! Our suggested hotels listing can be found on the Facebook SummerFest Page and on the TETA website/SummerFest tab.
* BYOT = Bring Your Own Technology
* Wi-Fi Access – Texas State does have Wi-Fi access!
*Entertainment? Join us Friday night in the Texas State Student Center – George’s – for Karaoke, games and snacks (8pm-11pm)! Saturday night there will be a staged reading in the Theater Center – Main Stage. BRING YOUR FAVORITE GAME!
*There will be handouts in your registration bag for nearby ATM locations, food, entertainment options and much more.
*SummerFest Programming is now live! You can obtain our schedule on your smart phone via the Guidebook app, or you can find a copy on the TETA Website – SummerFest tab.
* Review Programming- A few presenters have requested you provide some of your own supplies.
*If you would like a hard copy of programming, please visit the website and print one for yourself. We are going digital so very few hard copies of SF 2016 Programming will be provided on-site. Please remember updates are made to programming – Guidebook will provide the most up-to-date workshop listings.
- Parking is free for SF 2016 attendees and presenters. You must pick up your parking permit at registration and visibly display this permit in your car dash window. Please plan to arrive early in order to allow yourself time to register and place your permit in your vehicle.
- Those attendees staying in the dorms can park in dorm lots with their parking permit.
- Attendees will NOT be able to park in any lot on campus. Our parking permits are only good in PURPLE and GREEN lots. Please take a look at the Texas State Parking Map so that you know where these lots exist. We will have parking signs out to assist you finding these lots.
- If there is overflow, or if people wish to park closer to the Theater Building, there is the Parking Garage near the New Fine Arts Center (on Edward Gary St.) at $3 an hour - cap $14. No in's and out's.
- If attendees park in other colored lots, they will receive a parking ticket to be settled with University Parking Services by the individual. TETA and/or Texas State will not be responsible for parking tickets.
- These Parking Permits are only good July 14-17.
- If you need help getting around campus, please find someone on the K-12 Committee.
*What do I bring to SummerFest? Be sure to check out the Texas Theater Notes Article from our Secretary, Maggie Rodriguez. She created a great list of items to bring to SummerFest. http://texastheatrenotes.blogspot.com/
*Texas State is a “no smoking” campus.
*Join us for our Saturday Box Lunch – Guest Speaker: Terri Castleberry, TETA Curriculum Chair. Lunch is included in your registration. Presenters – be sure you are present to win a special treat! A thank you for presenting at SF 2016!
* Nominations will be accepted for the following positions on the K-12 Committee:
- Chair-Elect, High School At-Large, Middle School At-Large and Elementary Interest
- Deadline for nominating K-8 and Secondary Educator of the Year is: Sept. 1, 2015.
- Email email@example.com for details and instructions.
* Be sure to attend your Interest Meetings on Saturday, July 16th. Let your voice be heard! Our K-12 Committee is here to serve you! We are constantly trying to find new and improved ways to serve YOU! Please share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions!
* Join us Sunday for lunch! Workshops continue Sunday morning then we’re serving a Texas Smokehouse Buffet and there are LOTS of amazing DOOR PRIZES (lunch is included in registration cost)
- Guest Speaker on Sunday is Kelsey Kling, TEA!
* Check the SummerFest Friends Facebook page for more updates!
We will see you all NEXT WEEK! We look forward to seeing you!
TETA Board of Directors – K-12 Chair
TETA Board of Directors – K-12 Chair