Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Word From the President

Marion Castleberry, Ph. D
TETA Board of Directors
President / CEO
president.ceo@tetatx.com

Greetings! I hope you are having a great semester and anticipating a rewarding One-Act Play season. I know I am. Thanks to everyone who helped make TheatreFest 2014 a wonderful experience. The Board of Directors has taken your mandate for change and transparency to heart. Since the annual meeting, we have been working hard to live up to the trust you have placed in us as we carry out our duties and responsibilities. We uncover information about the TETA’s past financial dealings on a daily basis but our attempts to piece together the whole picture continues to be thwarted by our inability to secure significant records and documents from the former CFO. Nonetheless, we are meeting on a monthly basis, addressing Bylaws issues, studying financial records, paying bills as needed, and planning for the future. We are looking forward to SummerFest 2014 which will be held at McMurry University in Abilene and the BOD will be meeting in an early summer retreat to revise the Manual of Operations and Bylaws, discuss changes in the structure of the board, and consider the addition of new sections and interest groups.


Looking ahead to the 2015 TheatreFest, I have appointed Missey Head and Jerry Ivins as Co-Convention Directors. They will be meeting soon to establish a Convention committee and begin planning next year’s event. So if you are interested in helping Missey and Jerry, please contact them or email me and I will forward your message to them. In addition to this, I have appointed others to the Board of Advisors and to serve as Committee Chairs. All of these volunteers will soon be listed on the new, more user-friendly webpage that our Communications Chair, Darve Smith, is building. There are a number of committee member positions to be filled this year and I hope you will consider serving the organization in this way. If you have an interest in any of our many committees, please don’t hesitate to email me and let me know of your desire to serve. I promise that your service will be appreciated. Our organization needs you!

I want to announce that we now have a new TETA mailing address:

Texas Educational Theatre Association, Inc.
650 W. Bough Ln., Suite 150-199
Houston, Texas 77024

In closing, I want to say thank you to all who helped make TheatreFest 2014 a memorable event. There were some challenges and I thank our membership for the patience that was shown to everyone involved. While there are still many issues to deal with, I want the membership to know that the Board of Directors and I are committed to creating an open and transparent organization where everyone’s voice is heard and respected.