Saturday, June 28, 2014

Your K-12 Committee: We Serve You! - Jenae Glanton

This is my second Texas Theater Notes article since TheatreFest 2014. My excitement continues to build about the future of TETA.

Recently, I was asked to fill the second half of Erin Moore’s term as K-12 Vice-President Elect. I didn’t give this request a second thought. I am delighted to serve an organization that has given my classroom, my student’s, and me so much over the years.

As I sit and reflect, I am reminded of all of the sharing and collaboration, all of the creative energy and all of the friends that I have made. As a new teacher, TETA provided me with fabulous professional development opportunities that have allowed me to be the best educator I can be.

Serving the K-12 committee is extremely important to me. I am excited to see the new path our organization is taking, one that will bring TETA to new heights. Our goal is to serve our members and to share everything with the people who make this organization great: the Theater Educators of this great State! You make this organization great!

Sara Schochler is teaching me everything that I need to know about the role of the K-12 VP and I have to say, I have the best teacher! She is diligently working to create the best programming for SummerFest 2014 possible. We have some exciting workshops planned, some amazing guests and lots of hands-on presentations to share with you!

Do you want your voice heard? One of the first steps that you can take is to attend SummerFest 2014 in Abilene this summer! Meet the committee members and volunteer your time! Share your concerns and ideas with the K-12 committee. Consider volunteering for a committee or presenting a workshop. We have so much talent in this State! Share your strengths with others. Volunteering and sharing your voice will strengthen our organization and our Theater programs.

Texas is filled with some amazingly, creative people in Theater education and I am happy to say that I worked with many of them at TETA!

This is such a great time for TETA and we need you to be active in our organization!

We wish you a relaxing summer filled with fun, family and friends! We hope to see you at SummerFest 2014 to IGNITE YOUR SPARK!

Jenae Glanton
TETA K-12 Committee
VP-Elect

No comments:

Post a Comment