Thursday, August 18, 2016

Membership Renewal Questions

Members, you may have recently received an invoice to renew your TETA membership.  These invoices are for the 2016-2017 school year.

We have received a few questions concerning membership renewals so to clear up any confusion, here is a quick FAQ.

Why did I receive an invoice for TETA membership?

The software that TETA uses for our membership database automatically generates membership invoices a few weeks before the start of the school year.  If you have a TETA membership, you should receive an invoice.
If you do not want to renew your membership just ignore the invoice and send an email to communications@tetatx.com asking to cancel your membership.

I just paid my membership.  Why do I need to pay again so soon?

TETA memberships run from September 1st to August 31st, on schedule with most schools.  Whether you pay in September or wait to pay in June, you are paying for the current school year.

When I paid in June I thought I was paying for the 2016-2017 school year.  Can I get that changed so I don't have to pay again?

Yes. If your intention was to pay for 2016-2017, and you did not attend any TETA events in 2015-2016, we can move your payment to the current year.  We will deal with these on a case by case basis.  If you feel this applies to you, email us at communications@tetatx.com explaining the details of your request and we will help you out.

My school is an Institutional Member.  Do we need to pay that $200 invoice?

Hold off on paying the $200 invoice for Institutional Memberships.  We are working to redefine the Institutional Membership Program and it would be better to hold on to those invoices for now.

I am my school's IM Representative. Will I receive an invoice?

Since we are working on the IM process right now, invoices have not been sent to last year's IM Reps.  More information on this question will be released as soon as possible.


If you have any questions of your own please send an email to communications@tetatx.com and we will do our best to answer quickly.

Have a great day!
Darve Smith, TETA Communications Director

No comments:

Post a Comment