Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Renew Your Energy at TheatreFest 2018

In these early days of my 56th year on this planet, one would think that I would know and accept that Texas has one kind of weather – unpredictable.

Four days ago, many of us along with Upper Gulf Coast awoke to the beauty of falling snow. I’ve “lived through” snow a few times in my life, but these past few days…even months have been crazy when it comes to weather. Late yesterday afternoon, I turned off the heat and started up the ceiling fans again.

The weather has started to parallel my days at school. I closed a show on the 5th, hosted a TMEA clinic and concert the 8th and 9th and this week we have a choir concert and two band concerts scheduled. AND……I have to finish my costume sketches and ideas in order to meet with my lead seamstress this Wednesday. I am in a constant state of change, much like our weather.

But the best is yet to come. TheatreFest is just around the corner! I hope you’ve all renewed your membership, paid your convention fee and found a place to rest your head. We are all in store for another awesome conference of theatre-minded people sharing their knowledge. I know your amazing convention staff have lots in store for you.

TheatreFest is always such a great time of year to renew one’s energy for the upcoming semester. In addition to the numerous workshops, special events and awesome vendors; having the opportunity to commiserate with old friends and make new ones is always a welcomed boost to the adrenal system. So join us for another awesome TheatreFest in Galveston, you won’t be sorry.

As you plan your trip to Galveston, please take into account the Houston traffic. After 3:00, the south side of H-town is always a car stopper. Traffic was not something that Harvey could wash away.

See you soon.

Travis Poe
TETA Past-President

Oh! I’ve already purchased my tickets for a Friday the 15th viewing of Star Wars! So all is good with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment